In carrying out their functions all individuals shall comply with the provisions of this code of conduct.
- Conflict of interest: as outlined in the NWTF Conflict of Interest Policy, all individuals must avoid actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest concerning NWTF.
- Compliance with laws and regulations: all individuals shall comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, and shall avoid engaging in any conduct that is inconsistent with the guiding principles to which NWTF subscribes.
- Confidentiality: as outlined in the NWTF conflict of interest policy, all individuals shall maintain the confidentiality of all non-public information entrusted to them about NWTF, its business and affairs as well as any other information about NWTF that comes to them from whatever source and shall make no use of it other than to further NWTF’s interests except where disclosure is authorized by NWTF or is mandated legally.
- Using technology and NWTF assets appropriately: NWTF’s electronic communications systems shall be used for NWTF business purposes and should not be used for any other purpose.
- Preferential treatment: no one will assist other persons (including individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other entities) in their dealings with NWTF where this would result in preferential treatment.
- Activities following departure from NWTF: after their appointment with NWTF has expired or has been terminated, individuals will not take improper advantage of their previous office and must maintain confidentiality with respect to the non-public information of NWTF.
- Compliance procedures: any actual or suspected violations of this code of conduct shall be reported immediately to the Board or Executive Director.