Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation (NWTF) is committed to conducting its activities with the highest standards of business ethics and complying with applicable laws, and with the letters patent and by-laws of NWTF. This commitment extends to all those individuals who volunteer, work for and/or provide advice to NWTF.
This code of conduct has been approved by the NWTF Board of Trustees to provide guiding principles and practices for all individuals associated with NWTF. The intent is to enable all individuals to carry out their work and/or provide advice in the best interests of NWTF within an environment that fosters integrity, transparency and respect.
This code of conduct is based on the following guiding principles:
- Integrity and public scrutiny: individuals shall perform their duties openly, diligently, and in an appropriately courteous manner. Those individuals with reporting responsibilities shall provide full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure in all reports. No individual shall falsify, destroy, mutilate conceal, or fail to make required entries on any record within their control, including the destruction of documents that are the subject of an investigation or any action to which NWTF is a party.
- Respect for people: individuals shall treat others with respect and courtesy. They shall not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, creed, age, marital or family status or disability.
- Impartiality and transparency: individuals shall ensure that they are impartial and objective and that choices are made in the best interests of NWTF, taking into account the priorities of NWTF. They will be as open as possible about all actions they take and advice they provide.
- Stewardship: individuals must use NWTF funds and property in a responsible and lawful manner as outlined in the NWTF conflict of interest policy.
- Board/committee member involvement: NWTF Board and committee members shall at all times participate actively in the affairs of the Board/committees. Such participation includes attending meetings, reviewing information and documentation provided and making such enquiries as the person deems necessary in the discharge of their duties.
- Accountability: individuals must accept accountability to NWTF for their compliance with this code and for their advice and actions as they relate to the work of NWTF. Individuals are encouraged to bring forward a poverty alleviation perspective but will ultimately strive to make decisions that enhance NWTF’s work as a whole.
- Conflict of interest: as outlined in the NWTF Conflict of Interest Policy, all individuals must avoid actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest concerning NWTF.
- Compliance with laws and regulations: all individuals shall comply with both the letter and the spirit of all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, and shall avoid engaging in any conduct that is inconsistent with the guiding principles to which NWTF subscribes.
- Confidentiality: as outlined in the NWTF conflict of interest policy, all individuals shall maintain the confidentiality of all non-public information entrusted to them about NWTF, its business and affairs as well as any other information about NWTF that comes to them from whatever source and shall make no use of it other than to further NWTF’s interests except where disclosure is authorized by NWTF or is mandated legally.
- Using technology and NWTF assets appropriately: NWTF’s electronic communications systems shall be used for NWTF business purposes and should not be used for any other purpose.
- Preferential treatment: no one will assist other persons (including individuals, corporations, partnerships, and other entities) in their dealings with NWTF where this would result in preferential treatment.
- Activities following departure from NWTF: after their appointment with NWTF has expired or has been terminated, individuals will not take improper advantage of their previous office and must maintain confidentiality with respect to the non-public information of NWTF.
- Compliance procedures: any actual or suspected violations of this code of conduct shall be reported immediately to the Board or Executive Director.